Saturday, September 22, 2007

Location: Munich, Germany

So this is finally going up. The last of my trips with my dear brother Cody. I know it's about 3 months late, but forgive me, I've been busy making a fool of myself. Long story...

So we went to Neuschwanstein, Dachau and Munich all in the same day. We went to Munich merely to see the Glockenspiel; AKA the Big Ole Clock that is On the Big Ole City Hall. The story of the clock is that back some many years ago there was a ruler who noticed one day that some of his people were just all the sudden dancing in the middle of the street. He enjoyed it so much that he asked them to do it once every 11 years. Crazy requirements, I know, but they did it. When the ruler died however so did the thoughts of having people dance. So on the new city hall they built a clock tower with people that did it for them. So yep, basically what we went for. But what do we see when we get there? The Clock is under construction.


Oh how sad don't you think? Munich is like 5 hours away. We got stuck in traffic on the way there from Dachau and we had to leave Dachau in a hurry to get to see this clock working. And it's under construction? No, I don't think so! *But really it was* So now I have to wait until November or so, to go and see it live and in action. It really is cool though, the figures are human size and it plays and spins and goes on for quite a while. Truly worth a visit.

Next we just started walking around and right in front of the city hall is this large fountain that had a rather large figure on top made of gold. Man, Germans and their gold figures, haha.

The base of the fountain was pretty neat as well. Little cupid like warriors fighting off all kinds of "daemons".


A snake, a rooster, and a lion. The rooster was funny because on our way to Central Munich we were listening to Bill Engvall's "Free Range Chickens" So we figured that the rooster was a free range rooster which is why he is worth more dead ;)

It had been raining on and off of us all morning so we figured we would turn to head home now. Drivers in Munich, CRAZY... It's like Paris I've been told, which is like Prague, which is like TJ... Oh my word it was CRAZY!

But here is one more picture to show off the massive figurines in the clock tower.
Where in the World is Sara D. Ray? Now you know.

2 comments:

Enjoy the Journey said...

oh I LOVE MUNICH! I can't believe taht you finally posted about it! One day I will go back and travel all through Germany! Good job world traveler... now where are the diving pics?

Enjoy the Journey said...

Ughh... gotta love the scaffolding all over everything you want to take pictures of! Gees. Great pics anyways!