Sunday, March 15, 2009

Location: Ramstein AFB, Germany

So, ask me, say, "So Sara, what'd you do last night?" and I'll respond, "I went to watch Sugarland in concert, saw some amazing opening acts and then on the way out watch a couple of drunk airmen stumble down the road...into the picnic area...across the traffic circle...then into their car."

One of the many added benefits of being associated with the US Military are the events that happen in order for actors, singers and athletes to give thanks to the service men and women and also their families. I've been to autograph signings of Larry Fitzgerald, watched the Harlem Globetrotters play, seen Toby Keith in concert and as of last night add Sugarland to that list!

Getting ready I had my camera in my room and thought, you know, I look kind of cute tonight and it's been a long time since I've done a self-picture... SNAP!
Oh yeah, typical Sara picture taking face. Some people think you are supposed to smile for pictures; what's up with that?

So we got there, and yeah, we got there an hour before the doors even opened but even that wasn't as early as I wanted to be there. So we stood outside in the chill for an hour PATIENTLY waiting for the hangar doors to open. We find a seat and there is this cute little girl standing on the bench trying to see as much as she can. After the show started she would just cheer and scream; seriously a cutey. So, us Ray girls, when we have to wait and we have a camera, we tend to have fun. Mom doesn't like most of these pictures but I still think they are priceless!

So finally the show started and this cute little girl, Katie Rae Davis sang the national anthem and was the first act. If you haven't heard of her yet, you should. I think she is better than Taylor Swift and cuter if you ask me!
She just finished school and this is her first tour so she is working on her first album and single. She played it for us last night and I can't wait to hear it again!
The next act was Steven Kellogg and the Sixers; what characters!!! They too have some good songs and have been around a little longer than Katie Rae. They have opened for other bands before but on their 'list' of objectives they had one they hadn't accomplished yet and it was to play in a crowd full of service men and women.
Guy in the plaid shirt kept getting in my way; I wanted to smack him and one other person I'm sure you'll read about in a minute.
The band was giving out CDs and signing them so naturally we went for pictures. This first one was the normal picture.
But duh, you know Steph and I can't take a picture with some guys and not get a kissing shot in there! The guys were so taken a back... Look how that guy is trying to pull away from Steph haha!

So then we have Sugarland
they are a group that hasn't been around for more than 5 years but really they are fun to watch. The two of them together just compliment the show that much more!

They got called back out for an encore and ended up playing like 3 more songs. They really are a fun group and if you haven't seen them but have the opportunity to you should. It was his birthday last night, 14 March, and so she announced it. There was another girl in the crowd who was also celebrating a birthday so Jennifer said that if we see either of them we need to give them their spankings and he just turned bright red like I've never seen before.

After all the fun and excitement it really was time to go home. As we were leaving and walking to our car that's when the drunk Airmen on Parade showed up. Carlos, Carlos! Get out of the street Carlos! The Carlos would respond, 'you know if I had my running shoes on we'd have been there in 3 minutes... count them, 1, 2, 3' while actually holding up one then two then four fingers. Oh good ole Airmen! This is Steph and I mimicking them.
So there you have it. Another night of fun while not being the responsible college kid.

Where in the World is Sara D. Ray? Well, now you know!

No comments: