Sunday, May 24, 2009

Location: Friedrichsdorf, Germany

"I love to see the temple,
I'm going there someday.
"To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
"For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
"I'll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.
"I love to see the temple,
I'll go inside some day.
"To covenant with my Father,
I'll promise to obey.
"For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
"As a child of God, I've learned this truth:
A family is forever."
Alright, ya'll teary eyed yet? Alright, so I went to the Frankfurt temple (yes, it's located in Friedrichsdorf) and it was fun.
Mom's been saying I need to go, it's been a long while since I've been so it was good to go.
This house is fun; it is the mission president's house which used to be the house of the owner of a noodle factory that sat on these grounds. When the church bought the land the previous owner gave one stipulation, cannot get rid of that house.
So they kept it and moved the mission president into it.
Really funny though, on the door is HLT which were the initials of the company. HLT is also the German abbreviation for Latter-day Saints. True story ;)
The temple grounds are always filled with beautiful flowers and I couldn't help but to take a picture of the dew on them.
I hung out with Sim and Alex for a while, what a couple of goofs.
The reflection pool was empty but they couldn't help trying to get as close as they could.
This is the side of the temple where the front doors are.
And of course Angel Moroni. NOT fixated on top of the temple.
Reasoning for that is the temple can't be taller than any of the cathedrals or churches in the city/village.
In order to accomplish that they had to put it in front of the temple.
Or it could have something to do with the fact that the airport is only 15 miles away ;)

So yes, the temple was beautiful. The experience was nice, it's good to go back and remember what it is you want in life. A forever family, covenants made with heavenly father and the ability to finish genealogy work.

Where in the World is Sara D. Ray? Well, now you know.

No comments: