Thursday, April 30, 2009

Location: Home

No, I haven't traveled to any far off lands full of adventure, late nights, getting lost or sick lately. But as I was driving home tonight I realized something; there is truly no place like home.

With the MAJORITY of my trips at the end of them I could NOT wait to get back to my house, see my family smiling, enjoy my bed and sometimes even go back to work. Now does this mean I didn't have enjoyable trips or perhaps that I was gone for too long? No, it does not mean that at all. All it means is that while traveling and seeing this amazing world there is still something special about 'home' whether it's in Germany, Arizona, Denmark, Utah, Texas, California, Egypt, Spain or Italy, it doesn't matter. Home is a good place to be.

Now there have been times when I did not want to go home, Venice, Berlin, Brugges, but I love being HOME.

I will miss traveling as much as I do right now, but I will still take my weekend trips, maybe it'll only be to the Grand Canyon, Lake Havasu or the White Mountains (Mexico is out because of the Swine Flu) but I will still find ways to keep you guessing:

Where in the World is Sara D. Ray? Well, now you know.

No comments: