Monday, September 21, 2009

Location: Garmisch, Germany, Day 2

I went Skydiving, I went Rocky Mountain climbing; ok, maybe not mountain climbing and maybe not skydiving (not this post) but I did go paragliding :)

What an experience is all I have to say; not as much of a rush but it is so amazing to feel that sensation that all you have to hold you up is a canopy and it's your job to get it up and carrying you.

So if you notice these houses at the bottom of the hills; they were what we were expected to run to. We were told to sprint straight on for these houses and hope that the wind catches your chute and pulls you up. The thing that sucks is that once the chute goes up you feel like you hit a brick wall and it takes everything in you to try and keep going.
This is the amazing Cindy who told me about the paragliding; see, she's runing, you run, run, run, run and run until your legs don't touch the ground anymore. Then up it pulls you; try not to fall though as you are running because that might be problematic as it was for her ;)
And yes, I took pictures while gliding down, this is only ONE of the many. I also took pictures of Garmisch and my shoes of course. It was really cool and I highly suggest it if ever you get a chance, just go somewhere that has an amazing view like this one (Oh, and it was cold but it did feel nice).

Where in the World is Sara D. Ray? Well, now you know.

No comments: