Thursday, September 3, 2009

Location: Garmisch, Germany

After spending the previous day driving and in Neuschwanstein, we had arrived in Garmisch finally!

Garmisch is what we Americans that get to live in Germany while with the military escape to; it's basically a resort. During the winters it gets to be CRAZY busy since there are some amazing ski runs in the area, including the Zugspitze which I was fortunate enough to get a first hand view of in a way not many do (post on that is next.)
We spent the weekend in the pool, walking around the town of Garmisch and really just enjoying the weekend we had together. After this we weren't going to see Michelle anymore, she was leaving after that weekend and Cody was due to deploy shortly there after; so we tried especially hard to enjoy the weekend.

We were also blessed to have Grandma Norton and Cousin Kimmy (oh, she's going to kill me)... I mean Cousin K-dawg with us at Garmisch.

Us enjoying the weekend with family included dad taking even MORE pictures of the family... I think we have enough now... I enjoy that he did it, I think it was for a good cause it has been a really long time since we've had that many of our family members together, but too many family portraits is what causes us going from a nice picture of our family like this one...

To a rough and tumbly kind of picture like this one...Ah, it is love...

We did get a lot of family pics that were cute and I'm happy to share some of them with you :)

One of the mom and grandma:

One of just the Ray girls (minus Michelle who was off trying to keep Cody safe):

One of just the Ray boys (minus Cody who was off galavanting somewhere):

Another of just the Ray girls (again without Michelle, but these are just the monkey-Ray girls):One of just the Mom and Dad, I like it!!!!: One of just the females on the trip (where is MICHELLE?) PS, like I'm a full head taller than everyone? Oh, and that's WITH mom wearing heels:

So dad and I, we couldn't help ourselves... we just had to have a sword fight in the middle of town; took a couple pictures of this and in some of them you get an awesome look of bystanders just LOOKING at us :)

We saw this really cute dog, but we weren't allowed to touch him, he was working:

Look, I found Cody and Michelle:

And finally, anyone who reads my blog a total of two times will come to see that I have a fascination with fountains, if there is a fountain in a city, I will find it... why should Garmisch be ANY different?

So there you have it, another post CLOSER to being caught up, though I still have the whole summer to go through...

Where in the World is Sara D. Ray? Well, now you know.

1 comment:

kristine said...

So wonderful to see you all paling around and having fun! I love all these kinds of moments because I am living in one now with Travis home from Iraq! Life is sweet together! Miss you Sara Ray!