Saturday, March 15, 2008

Location: Rheinland Pfalz, Germany

So today was a good day. Just the way I like to spend a beautiful Saturday in Germany. First I went to a cadavear museum. It was good, but it wasn't what I expected it to be; it was quite literally bodies opened up to show the insides. Apparently the man who created the way for bodies to be autopsied and then preserved was a native German and therefore they have a museum here to salute him! Germans are smart people, but because of the Haloucast a lot of the Germans moved out of the country and therefore their inventions and discoveries were given to the country they were living. Such as America with the atomic bomb or anything Einstein. ;)

So then as I got back to K-town I had plans to go to the rod and gun club. Yesterday was a friend of mine, Barney's, birthday; the big 2-4 he is. So we went out to dinner yesterday as a group of friends, but today he wanted to go shooting. So I told him I would go. I've been looking forward to it. I've never shot a gun before, but I figured it should be fun... RIGHT????

So we get there, and we're talking to the people about checking out a gun for me to shoot and we decide on a .22 pistol. The pistol was a tiny thing, no kickback, so it worked well. I didn't do so well with the .22; it wasn't in the best of shape and so the aim was a bit off.

Barney had not checked out a gun to help me with my shooting at first and so after I fired off 50 rounds we went and got him a pistol. He went and grabbed a .40 Cal beretta; bigger gun, nice gun, big kickback. So he made me shoot about 15 rounds to get a feel for it. It was a bit of a gun, but it was a lot more accurate. Hit the target everytime and even went right through the cener a couple times. I was soooooo PROUD!!! Barney was pretty impressed too :)

So we spent a few good hours shooting and just shooting the breeze. All in all again, good weekend :) I'm kind of addicted to the power now, I want to go back and get some more practice I figure if I ever go into the military I need to be certain I know how to use a gun huh? I think the next gun is going to be a 9 mil. I'm not turning into a redneck though, don't worry :)

Where in the World is Sara D. Ray? Now you know.

No comments: