Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Location: Madrid, Spain

So I know I am bad about keeping this up, but here it is. I've been in Madrid for like 6 days now! WOW! Didn't know it was that much. Anyhow, so let's get started.
Say Hello to the Madrid temple. I arrived on Thursday to Spain and I stayed at the hostel the church has on the temple grounds. It was really quite amazing. So I got their on Thursday and I had to wait until Saturday to do baptisms. So Thursday night, I hung, and went to get some churros, there will be more on them later, but they are really good!
So what does one do when in Madrid with not much to do until Saturday? Well, you go exploring, alone. Shhhh, don't tell my MOM! ;) I first took off for the Plaza de Cibelles. Amazing fountains all over. Madrid definitely is the city of fountains. I do not care what anyone says. The above fountain is located there. But the above building is the Ciudad hall, I think! Bnut it's an amazing building. In the plaza of the Palace Real, or the Royal Palace, is Alfonso the XII. He again, was fixated on a fountain. Hmm, somethin is up here! But then we have the Royal Palace itself. I have not yet gone inside, but it's still cool from the outside. Now came the best part of Madrid so far, because heaven knows I LOVE Don Quixote
De La Mancha! So in the square somewhere is this HUGE reflection pool aaaaannnd, Don Quixote De La Mancha on his horse with his trusty side kick and the writer behind him. It's sooooo cool. I love it.So everyone knows I love Egypt, I truly do. I lived there for two years, and well I go to Spain less than a year from moving from there and what does Spain have? An Egyptian temple! And what's better, is it's well taken care of. SHOCKER!
Yeah, well that pretty much closed the chapter on my time alone :SAD:


So as I got to the class we got a walking tour of the puerta del sol and plaza mayor. While on the tour we got introduced to a chocoladeria. AWESOME! churros con chocolate are the BEST in the world.


Well after this it was on to an amazing park called Retiro park. I think I will just have to post pics and not comment on them, so here we go.

After Retiro everyone was goin to go to a bullfight, I didn't. It was sunday, and besides, it gives me a reason to come back next May. So I went to the ring just to take pix. Again, more posting, less talking.

So this is just so far Madrid. I am here for about 4 more days though, and I go to Toledo tomorrow. So do look for more posts.

Where in the World is Sara D. Ray? Well now you know.

3 comments:

Enjoy the Journey said...

Its about time Sara D. Ray! I am so jealous that you travel alone and love it! Spain really looks gorgeous! We will have to go there when DeWy and I come back ALONE! Keep up the posting!

Enjoy the Journey said...

I love that you do this just for me because I am the only one that ever comments on your page! Ha... Sara loves me!

Alan said...

Sara, would you object if I use your picture of the Madrid website? Gracias.

an ex resident of Pamplona, Spain