Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Location: Toledo, Spain

So it's been a while, oops! But while in Spain for my one week, which by the way, was not long enough, I went up to Toledo; yes, HOLY TOLEDO haha! Here are some of my pictures and adventures.

While I was there the clouds were perfect. Spain has the perfect clouds. This day I also decided I would LOVE to do something with photography if they offered it as a minor from ASU, but I don't think they do. So I may just take a couple courses anyhow, and give me a reason to buy a really cool camera and travel more. :)
Well we made our way up to the cathedral. It was a nice Gothic cathedral, but surprisingly it has some baroque touches to it as well. Some more really good cloud and sun shots.

So Yeah, the Cathedral was awesome. I ran into SIX elders while there and of course HAD to give them a hard time. This one greeny got so excited when I told him I knew "somethings" about the church, he started talking to me about it, and was just so excited. Then I had to break the news that I was in face a member. He was sad, but actually asked me to prove it.

Unfortunately I did not have my CTR ring on that day, so he made me receit the first article of faith. I began, "We believe in being honest true, chaste... oh I'm sorry Elder, that's the 13th..." He was soooo funny, he was all, Elders, we have a believer. All the sudden, all of them were surrounding me. It was a sight to see. I don't think they see many members in Toledo. My dumb roomate tried to come and start talking to me, but I just continued to talk. Then my professor tried to come and intervene, he told me the next day he thought I was having issues with 6 guys around me. I explained it all to him. It was fun! I learned a lot that day. One of the girls on the trip was a member but when she was 12 she left because of members in WA that just were not accepting of her. It was sad to hear, but especially sad to hear her somewhat bash the church. I think she realized how much it hurt me because she stopped after that day. Well, not much else happened in Toledo, so enjoy the pictures, I'll post El Escorial soon now too.

This last picture is of a hole they cut into the ceiling because the cathedral needed more light. haha! It has a nice Baroquial feel to it.

Where in the world is Sara D. Ray? Now you know.

1 comment:

Enjoy the Journey said...

I freaking love the buildings and history of Europe. It's so beautiful! BRAT!