Thursday, May 10, 2007

Location: Cologne, Germany (At Night!)


So yes, I went to Cologne again. But this time we decided we should stay until night and see if we could catch the cathedral at night. But we wanted to get up there to the chocolate factory, which meant that we were there way before it got dark! Oh joy! So of course we HAD to climb the bell tower once more. I just love the bells up there!

Check out the Piggy! I spent more time walking around the outside of the Cathedral this time, less rain. So I started to notice the statues more around the outside; this one has a pig at his feet. Oink Oink!

While I went with Cody and Wendy I was ditched not too far into the trip with them. They disappeared off into never-neverland and so I sat on a bench and people-watched. I also got the opportunity to get some
good shots. Here is one of my favs. Just another shot of the Cathedral, but man, the sky is so nice.

While still waiting for Cody and Wendy to come around and back I began noticing a crowd being drawn to the front of the cathedral. I finally saw that there was a street performer there, He was funny, drop a coin in his vase and he would point the gun at you, then shake your hand. I've seen better in Spain, but in Germany, this is as good as it gets.

I decided that I would then get up and walk around, since just sitting was making me cold. So I went, and paused just in front of the cathedral again for another facial shot. Again, loving the sky. I need to be a photographer.
More wonders I found as I walked. Ya miss some of the best details by not fully enjoying the whole Cathedral. Check out this small detail I saw when walking around. Just a small pope like figure, looks like he's flippin the cathedral off, but it's still funny!

Down by the back side of the Cathedral I just took pictures of anything, everything. So if they don't strike you, I'm sorry, but I enjoyed them.

So there is the basic outside of the cathedral. But as I was finishing my loop of the perimeter, I happened to look down, and lo and behold! What a moto to have posted on the ground. Whether it is true or not, I just don't know.

A final shot of the side of the Cathedral. A shot I'm amazed I didn't get the first time I went to Cologne. But it's still a good one.

And finally night hit. While the cathedral did not get lit like many pictures show it as, it was still a good night for pictures. I am only going to post my favorite of the many, but it's still a sight to see.

As we walked the many moons back to my car I was trying to take a picture of the cathedral and Cody faced me to take a picture of me, so instead I took one of him. Can you tell it's him? ;)
Where in the World is Sara D. Ray? Now you know.










No comments: