Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Location: Neuschwanstein, Germany

Continuing on with my journeys with my brother and his friend Wendy, we headed down to Bavaria to enjoy in the wonderful, yet hated culture down there. Our day had originally been planned to start in Munich and then go on from there, those plans were shot due to our late start, so we continued on to Neuschwanstein. More on Munich later.
While driving to Neuschwanstein Cody and Wendy fell asleep on me, at 0700 and with the clouds covering the morning sky, so it was hard for me to stay awake. I still loved the way the sky looked and could not help but to take a picture anyhow.

This next picture was taken for Cody. He and I could not understand why in Germany, in a place where Americans are not present, the stop signs still say, "STOP". I recently found out it's because it's been intergrated into the German street signs to help keep people sure as to what signs mean. As if an octagon doesn't mean that already.

After parking I immediately had to take a picture of the castle from the bottom of the "hill". What a pretty day. Unfortunately you cannot take pictures inside the castle, so we could only take shots from the outside, but I think I still fared well in that endeavour.

As we walked up I noticed another castle up there. I had never even heard of a second castle up there. Nobody ever talks of it. What a strange occurance. I don't know who's castle it is, or when or why it was built, but here it is anyhow. Anyone care to help me out?

As Cody and I walked we noticed Wendy a little out of breath. I found a nice place to pause for a minute, it worked for her to catch her breath, and me to take an amazing photo of this cool waterfall!






There isn't much I can tell you about these photos, so I will just post them and comment on them as we go. I definitely have a story to tell about my gecko friend.

So I was trying to take the above picture and cody decided to put his fat head in it. I got the picture I wanted to, without his head, but thought this would be better. I started to scald him and some passer byers began to laugh at me. Hey, it was funny.
Heads on the castle... SCAWY!
Say hello to Gheico the Gecko. Cody thought he was dead and told me to step on him, he started to move after a while. I wasn't sure if he was trying to be all stealthy, or maybe he had frozen like that. I dunno.

And then the final picture before saying goodbye and closing this wonderful adventure, sorry I have such little to write!

Where in the World is Sara D. Ray? Now you know!

1 comment:

Enjoy the Journey said...

I believe the little yellow castle was Ludwigs fathers castle. I think that is what I remember, but it could have been a joke!